READING MORE BOOKS.
Is one of your resolutions to read more books this year? I’ve seen it on so many Goals lists and Resolution plans for 2018, and I am right there with you.
Since having two kids my line has been oh, I don’t have time to read as much as I’d like, because you know, kids…but wow, is that a victim mindset or what? One of my goals for this year is to actually follow through and do the things I keep saying I want to do…like reading more books.
In The Gifts of Imperfection, Brené shares her 10 Guideposts:
1. Cultivating Authenticity: Letting Go of What People Think
2. Cultivating Self-Compassion: Letting Go of Perfectionism
3. Cultivating a Resilient Spirit: Letting Go of Numbing and Powerlessness
4. Cultivating Gratitude and Joy: Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark
5. Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith: Letting Go of the Need for Certainty
6. Cultivating Creativity: Letting Go of Comparison
7. Cultivating Play and Rest: Letting Go of Exhaustion as a Status Symbol and
Productivity as Self-Worth
8. Cultivating Calm and Stillness: Letting Go of Anxiety as a Lifestyle
9. Cultivating Meaningful Work: Letting Go of Self-Doubt and “Supposed To”
10. Cultivating Laughter, Song, and Dance: Letting Go of Being Cool and “Always in Control”
Can I get an A M E N.
The monthly in-person gatherings are limited to 10 women (because my house is cozy) but anyone can join us here on Roy Joy!
To jump on the Roy Joy Brunch Book Club bandwagon (say that five times fast!), head on over to the Contact page and send me a message to let me know if you’re interested in joining us in person or online. You’ll get an email from me with all the fun things!
Looking forward to connecting, conversing, and brunching with you all soon! xoxo
(This post contains an affiliate link – see full disclosure in the fine print on my about page. Thank you for your support!)