When I think back on 2011, I'm overwhelmed with the amount of CHANGE in our lives.
We embraced January 1st, 2011 on the floor of a friend's guest bedroom, sharing one pillow, missing our family, and trying to find a plumber on New Year's Day to fix our frozen pipes.
It was not fun.
It was more than not fun - it was TERRIBLE. I remember feeling depressed and utterly alone here in Spokane.
But thankfully 2011 has been a year of GRACE as well. We survived our first wonky house (and it's ghetto plumbing) and acomplished, experienced and overcame a million other things. Most notably:
- We traveled to Eastern Europe on our first international solo trip. We flew into Germany and made our way down to Austria over 2 weeks. We did it by plane, train and automobile and had an amazing experience.
- I designed some fun Valentines, and styled a lovely Valentine's Shoot with Megan that is getting national attention!
- We celebrated Matthew's 26th Birthday with fondue, streamers and an oreo cake. He's the best.
- Matthew finished his first year of Grad School and is the shining star of his department.
- Eastern Washington University's Choir performed one of Matthew's original compositions, with him as conductor!
- We celebrated my dear friend Katie as she married her true love in Sonoma in April - they are the perfect couple!
- We traveled to NYC to debut a piece in Alice Tully Hall at the Lincoln Center with the EWU choir. I was able to tag along and spend some much needed time with the fabulous Laura Hall. It solidified our decision to apply to Columbia!
- We celebrated my 26th by moving into a new house! And Kathy also got me a kick ass juicer. Yep, it's that good.
- La Lune Events had a busy event season and made lots of dreams come true. It was such an experience! I feel so blessed to have been able to take part in so many special days. :)
- We traveled to Maine for a family reunion and had the best time! Our family lives on Deer Isle and we were able to go out on a lobster boat, have a clambake, see movies in the historic opera house, and relax. Best summer break ever.
- We found an AMAZING church that we love. It has made our time in Spokane bearable!
- Matthew started his second year of Grad School - strong as ever! His CV is comprable to that of Chuck Norris.
- I've expanded my design and photography work, taking on new clients and thoroughly enjoying my creative ventures. My videos are getting lots of attention!
- We flew back to California twice in November - once for a Musicological Conference in SF and Thanksgiving. Fabulous trips on both accounts!
- For the first time since our wedding, we took some rad pictures with Megan for our Christmas Cards.
- We celebrated Christmas for the first time with just our little family unit here in Spokane - and we survived!
And these are just the big things. We've both grown and changed a great deal, and for that, I am SO THANKFUL!
Tomorrow I'll post my list of my New Year's Goals for 2012 - I always get so excited for new beginnings. :)
How was your 2011?